We strive to provide a clean and healthy environment for each child. We require our teachers have training in infectious disease prevention and an understanding of the best methods to ensure the safety and health of each child. Our teachers feel that to keep our environment safe and clean for learning and playing, we actively use these methods:
- Disinfecting classrooms, toys and equipment is implemented each day.
- Each teacher is required to do health checks throughout the day.
- Our center has a laundry room for cleaning of linens and clothing and a separate/locked storage room for cleaning products.
- Hand washing is a must! We feel it is so important to teach children to practice proper hand washing techniques and to make cleanliness a part of everyday! Children will be required to wash hands prior to entering their classroom.
- Diaper changes and toilet training can be a bit messy. As a precaution, our teachers wear disposable gloves to prevent the spread of germs.
- Each classroom has a bathroom and a sink. They’re child-sized. This helps to make it easier for our children to practice good hygiene and stay clean and healthy.